A 1.5 year old golden retriever (2 yo in June), 65lbs
– Friendly, loves humans and affection, and is a great cuddler
– Enjoys swimming/fetch/hikes, and playing with other dogs
– Food motivated and very smart/trainable (but stubborn at times), knows a ton of tricks and has good recall
– House/potty trained
– Crate trained, sleeps in the crate 8-9 hours every night
– Moderate energy but definitely needs exercise, we normally take him on two 30 min run/walks per day, and longer hikes or to the beach on the weekends
– Will mostly sleep while you are working if he has had a walk/play time with another dog
We are looking for someone who would like to care for our dog for 3 months. My partner and I are looking to spend a few months abroad with family/friends and for travel, and logistically, are unable to bring our dog along. The flight would be long and stressful for him, and he is too big to travel in-cabin with us. We would cover all food, treat, toy, vet expenses, as well as dog sitter expenses if you have overnight trips planned.
We can drop him off anywhere in the wider Bay Area + North Bay/South Bay. We are based near Petaluma normally. If you are option #4 above and have planned travel in which you need a long term dog sitter, we are happy to return the favor and can work out details! We have a home and a yard that can easily accommodate another dog.